Wednesday, April 29, 2015

So we "inherited" a pop-up camper this year. Basically, a friend didn't want hers anymore and decided to give it to us (we had been wanting one for a while). This works out especially well because said pop-up needs some work and my partner and I love projects. Throw in my father who's good at fixing stuff and we have a match made in glamping history.

To describe the look on my dad and partner's faces could only be called utter skepticism. But I say "no, it's going to be great. Really." So we hauled it home.

The first step was patching the holes in the canvas because I like to sleep dry and bug free. This was done using canvas and fabric cement. Do the colors match? Heck no. Do I care? That's a silly question. I'm currently planning to paint those patches to look like quilt patches. If it happens this year I will be shocked because this year is all about getting her camp ready.

Did I mention that when we picked up the camper I forgot to bring the ball hitch? Yeah, that's pretty standard in my book. Fortunately my friend had one we could borrow. (Which reminds me I need to return it.) We have one of our own now. Thanks, Dad.

In all it's closed up glory. I swear I'll have more pictures. This isn't the fun part yet.

Up next: Screen fixing...

1 comment: